In the search for an ‘elixir’ for sex, people are always trying to find a supplement that will raise their game in bed. One way or another, this was always going to lead to some people experimenting with gym supplements.
As a result, one question has become popular: “Is taking pre workout supplements before sex beneficial?”.
Well, the above question is exactly what we’ll be answering in this article. You’ll learn:
- What are pre workout supplements?
- Can pre workouts improve sex?
- The Science Behind It
What Are Pre Workout Supplements?
To start with, we’ll give you a quick summary of what these supplements are (for those that don’t know).
Simply put, pre workouts are the fastest-acting supplements in the industry; they’re designed to deliver benefits that’ll improve your workout within 30 minutes of consuming them.
Here’s how they work:
- Energy Boosts – Feel ready to smash your session as soon as you walk into the gym
- Intense Muscle Pumps – Experience more blood rushing into your muscles while you lift weights
- Enhanced Endurance – Train harder for longer at peak levels, without getting tired halfway through your session
- Improved Strength – Get ready to smash your personal records and make progress on your fitness goals
Can Pre Workouts Improve Sex?
The golden question – and the exact reason you’re reading this article. Don’t worry, we’re here to answer it in detail in this section.
We’ve looked at studies involving ingredients we’ve used to create 4 Gauge – in order to see what impact they have on sexual performance.
Here’s the ingredient list for 4 Gauge (so you know which nutrients we’ll be analyzing below):
If you were laughing at the idea of pre workouts improving your sex life before, you might reconsider after reading the science behind it…
The Science Behind It
We’ve found some studies related to the nutrients inside 4 Gauge – to prove that pre workouts can indeed improve your sexual performance. Seriously.
Ultimately, this should deal with any doubts you might have. See for yourself:
Citrulline Malate & Beetroot Extract
These are the 2 ingredients in 4 Gauge responsible for delivering skin-splitting muscle pumps – while you curl those biceps or pump those squats.
How? Well, both citrulline malate and beetroot extract are proven to raise your nitric oxide levels in different ways  ; ultimately, an increase in nitric oxide levels leads to improved blood flow.
Improved Blood Flow
You can’t argue that there’s a direct correlation between blood flow and erections. In fact, it’s when blood flow to the penis is weakened that men suffer from erectile dysfunction .
As a result, an increase in nitric oxide levels (which improves blood flow) has shown to strengthen your erections ; again, you can’t argue that this will directly improve your sexual performance.
This is the second reason that a pre workout can improve sex; 4 Gauge contains the ‘smart-caffeine‘ combination of caffeine & L-theanine, which has proven to boost cognitive function and reduce distractions .
We’ll explain why this ‘smart-caffeine’ combo can improve sexual performance below.
Improved concentration & confidence
Simply put, another cause of erectile dysfunction has shown to be a lack of concentration during sexual activity .
If you combat this by consuming nutrients shown to enhance focus and confidence, then you’ll effectively strengthen your erections and experience better sex.
This applies to both men and women; it’s shown that caffeine has also shown to increase sexual motivation too  (which will positively impact your sex life).
Caffeine & Creatine Monohydrate
We’ve just explained how caffeine can improve your focus. Well, it’s also shown to raise your energy levels and endurance too .
But that’s not the only ingredient in 4 Gauge that enhances endurance; our pre workout also contains creatine monohydrate, which is one of the most reliable compounds in the industry (and proven to improve endurance in countless studies) .
Enhanced energy and endurance levels
It doesn’t take a genius to realize that enhanced energy and endurance levels will clearly improve sexual performance.
Going ‘harder for longer’ has never been more true in this context, and an effective pre workout will deliver enhanced energy levels – 4 Gauge has been specifically formulated to offer clean energy boosts, without any jittery feelings.
This means you won’t feel tired while making love, and won’t suffer from any side effects either.
We’ve given you a very logical and scientifically backed argument; how taking a pre workout before sex can be very beneficial.
Here’s the 3 benefits that 4 Gauge delivers, to improve your sex life:
- Stronger erections – an increase in nitric oxide levels and focus has shown to directly improve the quality of erections.
- Increased sexual motivation – a raise in sex drive leads to more frequent sex. You can’t argue with that.
- Go harder for longer – enhanced energy & endurance mean you won’t feel tired during sex again.
Once you get past the thought of a gym supplement being able to improve your sexual performance, it doesn’t seem as unrealistic.
It doesn’t take a genius to know that the benefits (listed above) are guaranteed to improve sex. These are all achieved through the optimally dosed, 100% natural ingredients used to formulate our pre workout, 4 Gauge.
- D. V. Patel. Investigation of erectile dysfunction. Br J Radiol. 2012 Nov; 85(Spec Iss 1): S69–S78.
- Sureda, A et al. L-citrulline-malate influence over branched chain amino acid utilization during exercise. Eur J Appl Physiol. 2010; 110(2): 341-51
- Lidder, S. Vascular effects of dietary nitrate (as found in green leafy vegetables and beetroot) via the nitrate-nitrite-nitric oxide pathway. Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2013; 75(3): 677-96
- M. D. Sullivan. Nitric oxide and penile erection. Cardiovasc Res (1999) 43 (3): 658-665.
- Owen, GN et al. The combined effects of L-theanine and caffeine on cognitive performance and mood. Nutr Neurosci. 2008; 11(4): 193-8
- J. M. Goulding Erectile dysfunction in patients with psoriasis: increased prevalence, an unmet need, and a chance to intervene. Br J Dermatol. 2011 Jan;164(1): 103-9. Epub 2010 Nov 29.
- F. A. Guarraci. “Coffee, tea and me”: moderate doses of caffeine affect sexual behaviour in female rats. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2005 Nov;82(3):522-30. Epub 2005 Nov 22.
- GR. Cox. Effect of different protocols of caffeine intake on metabolism and endurance performance. J Appl Physiol. 2002; 93(3): 990-9
- M. Engelhardt. Creatine supplementation in endurance sports. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 1998 Jul;30(7):1123-9.